Basic Quick Guide
POSibolt is an ERP system build upon ADempiere and Web technologies. From POS features and inventory management to advanced trade accounting, CRM and Performance management, it is the complete and ultimate solution to manage a retailing businesses with personal computers.
We provide here a quick guide which will help to understand Posibolt.
- 1 Clients
- 2 Login
- 3 Role
- 4 Products
- 5 Make a Cash Sales
- 6 Purchases
- 7 Performance Analysis
- 8 Stock
- 9 Administration
A client is a person who has opted for the POSibolt and is actually using the system in his/her organization. The first thing to be done before using the system is to create a client.
Creating a clientYou will be provided a link of the server, in which you will be setting up an instance of Posibolt. The link format is as
At the top of the browser enter the link and press Enter key. You will get the following form to fill up
- Enter the client details
- Create a user which is an administrator where you will be prompted to enter a username, password and PIN.
- Please make sure that all fields are filled. Leaving any fields blank will not complete the process.
- Click on Continue. This process may take around 2 minutes to complete.
- You will get a display window with URL details.
With this details you will be able to enter the system.
Having entered the system through the client created, users have two ways to log into the system.
- Firstly enter your Username and Password and click on login.
- Alternatively you can login by entering your PIN and click OK.
Choose a Terminal
In a POS system you have several terminals and a user needs to log in to a particular terminal.
In Posibolt, Terminal is a powerful and convenient concept. The Terminal holds all the details together – from the price list you are using to the default warehouse information.
On creating a client, these are created by default
- A terminal named, Terminal 1 and a cash bank Account
- Cash Customer
- Purchase and Sales Price-list
- Bank Account
- Standard Tax Rate 14%.
There are some more, which we can discuss later. The first time you login to POSibolt you are prompted to select a terminal on which you can work with.
- Type in the name, Terminal 1.
- Press the Enter Key.
- On the right hand side, you can view the Terminal Information. Once all the information are posted you can click on Continue button.
After initial login, your browser cache will remember the terminal selected and will direct you to Terminal 1, for your every login. Once the cache is reset, you will have to choose the terminal again.
You will be now directed to POSibolt Order Screen.
Welcome to POSibolt Order Screen !!
This is the first screen you will see after login into the Terminal. This is screen where all the sales transactions are done.
To access the main menu, click on the icon arrow on the top left corner.
Getting familiar with POSibolt POS
- The right hand side panel lists the POS Main Menu.
- The grey shade highlighting the Sales Menu, indicates that you are currently in the Sales Menu.
Under sales menu you can
- Perform actions like : Sales, Exchange, Returns, Closing the till etc..
- View Reports for : Sales, returns, till management etc..
- Clicking on the other menu names will direct you to respective pages.
The header provides the information on the User, its Role, the Organization and the Terminal logged in.
POSibolt has brought together all the frequently used screens like sales, return, purchase, stock take etc.. into one single menu for easy access. This menu does not contain any of the report generating screens.
Click on the home icon to access this menu.
In an organization, several employees have different access to the system and this access is directly related to their jobs .These access of the employees are defined here as Roles. Before creating a user, a role must be created for them.
For the first time the client can only use the system as the Administrator (created during Client Creation). If there are other people in the organization, then the client has to create roles then users so that the other employees too can make use of the system.
It is the responsibility of the implementer to understand the operations of the organization, the controls that need to be in place, what information should be visible to whom etc., so that the appropriate roles can be created and the right level of information and activity access is provided.
It's time to decide who you will designate as users. Users are people who actually log in to the system as an Administrator, sales representative, etc.
Posibolt allows you to create as many users as you want. You can allow them to access only the information they need and perform only the operations they are supposed to. Here's all you do.
Create the different roles, such as sales rep and sales manager, indicate which features they can access and what their privileges are. Then create the users from Administration, Users and select the role that map to the user.
Once your users begin to work with Posibolt, you will be able to monitor their time and calculate the wages and commissions for each employee.
When a user first logs in, they will get to choose the Terminal page. You can set a Terminal to the user so that each time they log in they are directed to that specific terminal.
A product is the item offered for sale. It can be a service or an item. As you are going to sell products,the first thing you are going to do is create them. Posibolt lets you enter all the basic(mandatory) and advanced(optional) information like the name, description, bar code, price, etc of the product.
Product can be added to the POSibolt through two methods:
Manual creation of Products
Go to Administration Menu,
UPC = 100000; Name= MB BAG; Description = Mont Blanc bag brown; Purchase Price (excl VAT)= 1200; Sales Price & Marked Price & Discounted Price & Limit Price (all Excl VAT)= 2250; VAT Rate= 14%; Product Category= Default Product Category; Check the “IsActive” box and set the Product type as Item.
- Click on Save
The product has been created.
Searching a Product
To search a product:
- In the description search field enter some letters, say “Mont”, thus “Mont Blanc bag brown” should appear.
Importing the Products
Importing product details which are saved as a csv file is a much quicker method to input products in the system rather than entering the product details one by one.
Suppose you have thousands of products to enter in the system and just imagine to create the products one after the other. A time saving procedure would be to type in the product details in the same order of fields as the import template into a spreadsheet, save it as a CSV file and import it following the steps below.
To import a product:
- Go to Administration , Import Export menu.
- Choose the type as Product.
- Click on Product Template. You should be able to view a template in which you will be able to enter some values.
- In the template enter the product data in the specified columns.
- Save it as CSV file.
- Click on import button, browse the location of the CSV file and click on OK.
Go to Product Administration and search for some of the Product to confirm that the Importation was correctly done.
Make a Cash Sales
To do a cash sales user should be able to access the cash sales menu.
In a cash sales, the total amount of the cash sales goes to the cash book, the cash sales is recorded in the cash sales history and the quantity of the products sold are accordingly adjusted in the stock.
Add an Item
To carry out a sale, just scan or type the item UPC, alternate lookup code, item name or search keyword and Posibolt will automatically retrieve the item information and populate them in the cart.
If the product, the customer is buying, does not have a bar code then
- Enter the product name(or some letters in the product name)in the Name Field, press Shift Key + Enter key
- A list of products containing those letters should appear in a drop down
- Select the required product and click on enter
- The product should be added to the shopping cart
If you are unsure about the product you are about to sell you can select any item and click on product info on the right hand side to check your items availability in other stores, or to ensure that you selected the right item by comparing the product and its picture or check its prices and tax rates.
Now that you are confident that you have picked the right items, you can adjust the items quantities by either entering the quantity directly or by using the to increase the quantity of the product or the to decrease or adjust the quantity as desired by the customer.
Removing an item
How to remove a product from the shopping cart after it has been added to the cart on the spot? It often happens that a customer decides not to buy a product although the bar code has been passed through the reader. So in such a case,
The sales tax is automatically calculated based on the tax category and tax rate set for the product and the terminal. You can also override the tax rate for the product by selecting a new tax rate but provided you have the right privileges.
You can also give out discounts very easily but provided you have the right authority. The discounts can be inclusive or exclusive of taxes. Posibolt allows you to give discounts in % or in value on the whole shopping cart or on any of the line item. You can even up sell by giving negative discounts.
Posibolt helps you to keep track of your customers. Just allocate sales to a customer by entering his name or part of his name in the search customer box and select the right record.
If your customer is a first time buyer, select Add new customer icon and create his or her profile on the fly. Just enter the information once and Posibolt stores and organizes all your customer contacts in one place.
You can save an order at anytime, process other sales and load back the order to start where you left. You do that by identifying this drafted operation from the sales history or by loading the saved document number.
In any case, Posibolt automatically calculates the change due. The customer receipt is printed instantly after the payment process is completed.
Posibolt will ask you to choose the first tender type and to enter the amount received. Note that, as money is still due on this transaction, Posibolt will append an outstanding stamp on the invoice and will not print the customer receipt until the full amount due is settled.
You can complete a payment using as many different tender types needed on this invoice.
Note that you can also sell items on credit provided that your customer has sufficient credit amount and has not exceeded his or her credit period.
A credit sales is an order where customers are allowed to buy products on credit where each customer has a payment term, a credit status and credit limit.
- Payment Term is the delay within which a customer can pay the credit amount taken or allowed, for instance it can be 1 month, 6 months or 1 year.
- Credit limit is the maximum amount of credit that can be allowed to a customer.
- Credit status determines whether a customer can be given credit(Credit OK) or a customer cannot be given credit.
- You follow the same steps as in Cash Sales, but the payment mode is selected as Credit.
- Type in the customer name in the search customer field. The customer you select, should have a payment term, or else you will get an error message.
- Click on Check Out and complete it.
Settle Payment on a Credit Sales
When a customer wants to settle a credit sales:
- Type in the customer name and press Enter.
- Click on Settle Payment button. You will get a list of Open Invoices of the customer.
- To pay an order click on the check box next to each line of the order. You can also select multiple check boxes for bulk payments.
- Fill in the required data such as:
- Payment Amount
- Discount Amount
- Select the tender type Cash, Card or Cheque.
- Click on Pay.
When you select Sales History, Posibolt will display all the sales recorded. You can add filters to the report by selecting a period, a store to find the exact sales receipt you are looking for...
Once you identified the right transaction, you can perform any of the following actions:
- Refund the order
- Exchange items
- Void the order
- Print the receipt
Refund/ Return an Order
Posibolt return receipts also make it easy to manage customer returns. A returned receipt deducts the total from the day sales and adds the item/items back into the inventory. The returned item is retained in the receipt and the process is completed. The refunded amount is tendered to the customer and this total is immediately reported on the end of day report. The sales return receipt is then printed.
Please note that provided you have the authority, you can also make a sales return without referring to a sales transaction. You just need to click on just as you carry out a sale by searching for the product to be returned, make the necessary adjustments and checkout.
That's it! Posibolt processing return receipts easy so that you can serve your customer better and quicker.
Closing the Till
Posibolt makes tallying the day's sale, reconciling money and updating your end of day total a quick and easy process. Whenever you change cashier or close your till, you will be required to count the money you have in your POS terminal. You need to count the cash first and only then will the system tells you how much money was supposed to be found in till.
Once the cashier has closed the till, Posibolt will
- Print the end of day receipt
- Inform the employee whether the money in the cash drawer tallies with Posibolt's calculation.
The total amount will be automatically calculated as the current money in your terminal
View Current Money in drawer
The Current Money in Terminal allows you to quickly check payments received in your cash drawer whenever you want.
The purchasing part is very important as it manages all the inventory received and includes all the accounts receivables.
A purchase order (PO) is a commercial document issued by your store to a vendor/seller indicating types, quantities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller will provide to the buyer.
Make a PO
To create a purchase order you will need to:
- Select the vendor from whom you want to purchase items.
In case you are buying from a new vendor, you need to create his details first Administration - Vendors
- Choose the items you want to purchase.
The process is exactly the same as the items selection a sale. You can add items to your purchase basket by scanning a bar code, typing its UPC, item name etc...
- Just click on check out once you are ready to complete the PO.
When you click on View P.O, Posibolt will return a list of orders that are recorded for your store. You can add filters and sort the information to identify exactly the P.O you are looking for.
To create an invoice before receiving the goods, click on the Create Invoice link.
- The invoice page will be populated with the products and their prices.
- On the right-hand side you can view the invoice order details.
- Once the user completes an invoice, the status will be updated accordingly.
Once the shipment is complete and the goods reach your warehouse, you can count the quantities that are delivered to you and update your inventory using Receive Goods screen.
- Enter the vendor name in the vendor text field.
- After selecting a vendor,
- If no shipment is done, then choose the PO number from the drop down list to add the products to the cart
- If shipment is completed, then you can populate the cart using the shipment number.
- The products will be added to the cart with quantity as zero.
- Count the quantity that is being received and enter the number in the Qty field.
- On entering the qty, green color indicates that the qty entered is correct. Else a red color is indicated.
- If you have already created an invoice from the View P.O page , the generate invoice check-box will be faded. You can generate invoice at the time of receiving goods by selecting the check – box.
View Receive Goods History
This report will allow you to view all the items that were delivered to your store.
Goods Returned Note
These are items that are returned to the vendors by the organization in case of due expiry date, or bad quality or any other reason. A returned PO deducts the item/items from the inventory and creates a negative vendor invoice.
Goods Returned Note History
This report will allow you to view all the items that were returned by your store to the suppliers.
A person is very often interested in knowing how much sales he has done, so in this section he can view the performance of his organization in different can ways, including tabular forms, pie charts, bar charts, time series, sales reports per terminal if there are various terminals and view business partner details individually.
Performance Analysis Report
Here you can analyze the overall performance of the system by viewing the sales categorized by quantity or price for today, last week, last 2 weeks, last 3 weeks, current month, last 3 months, last 6 months or current year as pie charts, bar charts or time series through which you can make a quick overview of the performance.
- You select the Account Type, Grouped by, View By, Date Range which appear as drop down.
- If you select Date Range as Fixed then you will have custom as drop down and you can select any of them.
- If you select Date Range as Custom then you have to select To and From.
- You select the kind of chart(pie chart, bar chart, time series or tabular) you want to view, and click on SEARCH button.
- You will thus get the appropriate chart to analyze.
Cashing Up Report by Terminal
The Cashing Up Report will give you general information concerning all the terminals and will not take into account the expenses. You can view the sales report for each terminal independently, thus you can also view the performance of a sales representative if the latter is on a particular terminal.
- If you select Date Range as Fixed then you have to select from range drop drown.
- If you select Date Range as Custom then you have to select To and From.
- By clicking on , you can select the Date and by using the h and m drop down you can select a specific time as well.
- Click on and you will get the sales report per terminal as cash total, card total, cheque total and amount for terminal 1, terminal 2 etc.
- Finally you can also save the data you get as a CSV or PDF file, from the Export options.
Item wise Sales Report
The Item-wise Sales report provides sales information for the selected period, based on item information. It lists the items that were sold or returned during the period selected along with their sales, return, net quantity and values.
- Sort by: Sorting Order of the report can be specified by choosing from the drop down.
- Report by : Select the type of report to be generated. It is based on any of the following options:
- Invoiced,CRO: If you want to view both invoiced items and returned items.
- Invoiced: If you want to view only Invoiced items in report
- Orders: If you want to view the items that are ordered.
- CRO : This report will display only the products that are returned by the customers
- Product : You can generate the report for a all the products or a specific product.
- Business Partner : You can also select a specific business partner and generate the sales report
There are many other reports which are mentioned in detail in the User Manual page.
This section helps you to check the quantity in stock of a product, follow the movement in and out from the system, the Product that has been sold the most or least for a specific period of time and do inventory adjustment as well.
In the Stock Movement Report, we can follow the flow of items in and out of the system in terms of the Product Name, Opening Balance, Inventory In / Out, Qty Received, Qty Sold, Qty Returned to Supplier, Qty Returned by Customer, and Closing Balance for a specific time period.
To check the quantity in stock of a particular product, use Stock valuation menu.
- You can display the products based on their : name, Bar code, Product category or Group.
- Use the quantity filter, if suppose you want to get a list of products whose quantity in stock is greater 50(>50)
- In the quantity filter choose Qty on Hand
- In the condition filter choose,( > 50 ). If you wish to enter any other number choose the custom option.
- You can also check the stock valuation for a particular day, or search which all products were below a stock of - say for example 10.
Fast Moving and Slow Moving Items
In Fast Moving Items Report, you can view the items which have been sold the most in a specific time period in a tabular form in terms of the name, barcode and the net qty sold. In Slow Moving Items Report, you can view the items which have been sold the least in a specific time period in a tabular form in terms of the name, barcode and the net qty sold.
To adjust stock for product:
- Type in the name, bar code, or description of the product
- The product will be added to the cart. You will get the Product name, Quantity book and Quantity count.
- Input the Quantity count value. The difference in the count and stock value is displayed.
- Enter a reason for the adjustment.
- Click on Complete.
In Inventory History, you can view all the transactions involving stock adjustment in terms of the
- Click on the Document Status to view that particular document.
- You can click on the Header Movement Date and to view the dates in ascending or descending order.
The same can be done for any column header to view the details in a particular order.
The user having the administrative powers can create roles, users, terminals, products and its related entities, business partners, set up printer settings, etc..
This sub menu holds all the business partner/ accounts related menus.
The Business Partner defines any party with whom you transact. This includes customers, vendors and employees. Prior to entering or importing products, you must define your vendors. Prior to generating Orders you must define your customers.
Vendors are suppliers who supply the system with products so that the system does not run out of stock. Go to Administration then to Vendors. This section allows you to view, create and manage Vendors.
Now go to Administration and Vendors, the new vendor created should appear in the vendor table where you can view, edit and deactivate the vendor.
Some organization find it necessary to keep customer records while it may not be the case with others. Customers are actually people who buy the products and if the organization allows credit transactions then it becomes very important to maintain customer records.
- Click on to add new customer.
- Fill in the required fields for a customer say, Customer Name : ”Mark”, Surname: “Twain”, Credit Status: choose :“No credit Check”, Address 1: “Wisteria Lane”
- If you leave any of the mandatory fields empty, you will get an error message saying that this particular field is required.
- Click on save. You can view the customer in the table.
In the Search Field enter some letters found in the name of the customer or simply the customer name and press enter, the name should appear. For instance if you enter “mar” then the name “Mark Twain” should appear.
Business Partner Groups
Posibolt allows you to group similar customers/vendors. These are called BPartner groups. Within a customer/vendor group you can assign specific discounts and prices for products. You can also restrict access to products based on which group a customer/vendor belongs to.
This sub menu holds the menus used for setting up an organization. Some of them are like:
- Bank Account - Set up your bank accounts in Posibolt
- Payment Term - Define the payment terms for your customers and vendors.
- Tax - Taxes are derived from products and charges. A product or charge has a tax category assigned to it. The tax category should be general and tied to the product type / charge type. A tax category can have many different rates depending on to who and where the product / charge is shipped.
- Organization - The Organization menu allows you to define and maintain Organizational entities. An Organization is often a legal entity or sub-unit or shops for which transactions are processed.
- Import/Export - You can import data like Products, Price List, Customer/ Vendor journals etc..
This sub menu includes all the product related menus like
- Product Administration
- Product Information
These and many other sub menus, all are mentioned in detail in the User Manual.